Letter of Agreement

June 1, 2019

EVENT  |  Feast of the Future
DATES  |  Wednesday, June 19, 2019
DINNER TIME  |  5:30–7:30 pm
ACCESS TIME  |  4:30–9 pm
ROOM(S)  |  Downstairs Galleries 1, 2, 3, 4

ecoca_logo_sm.jpg

Nadine Nelson, Global Gourmet

nadine.nelson@gmail.com

Dear Ms. Nelson,

We are looking forward to hosting your special event, Feast of the Future, in collaboration with the 2019 International Festival of Arts & Ideas! This event will take place at the Ely Center of Contemporary Art from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.  The event will take place in our downstairs galleries and we will have our upstairs galleries open to the public for viewing. An Ely Center representative will be on location to welcome the public and direct them to the dinner and upstairs galleries during the event. This Letter of Agreement outlines and confirms the basic information about the event, and the division of responsibility between you and the Ely Center.

Event description: Feast of the Future is a ticketed event of the International Festival of Arts & Ideas. Your agreement with the Festival is to split ticket sales with 80% of each ticket to you and the remaining 20% to the Festival. The Ely Center will provide the venue and will not take a percentage of the proceeds. We do require a $100 deposit for use of the space which will be returned to you pending inspection by June 2o at 5 pm;  you are also welcome to make a donation to the Ely Center.

Date, time, location: The event will take place on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at the Ely Center of Contemporary Art, 51 Trumbull Street. The dinner will take place from 5:30 – 7:30 pm with one hour additional time for set-up (starting at 4:30 pm) and clean-up from 7:30 – 8:30 pm.  The space must be left clean and vacated by 9:00 pm. Ely Center will be on hand during set up time to relocate artwork and set up tables.

Capacity: Reservations for this event is limited to a total of 80. You will confirm actual attendance with the Ely Center (Debbie Hesse—dhesse@ely center.org) at least 24 hours prior to the event, for planning and occupancy restrictions.

You Will Provide:

  • A private, specially prepared food event that compliments our exhibitions Sea & Soil // Water Access.

  • A $100 deposit for use of the space which will be returned to you pending inspection by June 2o

  • Any and all plates, set-ups, table cloths, glassware, tables, and chairs

Ely Center Will Provide:

  • The space to hold a food event amidst our current exhibition from 4:30 – 8:30 pm

  • Use of ECOCA’s (limited) number of tables and chairs

  • Use of kitchen area and refrigerator for the night of the event


You Agree:

  • To host your event within the Ely Center exhibition, Sea & Soil

  • To respect the artwork and work carefully around it.

  • To work directly with the Ely Center to relocate any artwork for safety reasons.

  • To arrange for servers, bartenders if liquor will be served.

  • To leave the kitchen, bathrooms, and floors in the same condition you found them.

  • To remove and secure all trash and recycling from the building into the designated outdoor bins.

If all of this meets with your approval, please indicate your agreement by using the Release of Liability Agreement link below and submitting the security deposit of $100. We ask that you submit your agreement and deposit by June 9. If you would like to donate the Security Deposit to the Ely Center of Contemporary Art, there is a optional button you may use to do so.

We look forward to working together!

jcriscola_sig.jpg
 

Warmly,
Jeanne Criscola, Board Chair

 
 

Ely Center of Contemporary Art
51 Trumbull Street, New Haven CT 06510

 

DOWNLOAD THE DOWNSTAIRS GALLERY MAP