Letter of Agreement
March 10, 2018
EVENT | Circling Lev
DATES | April 12 to May 28, 2018
EXHIBITION DATES | April 15 to May 24, 2018
Ely Center of Contemporary Art
51 Trumbull Street, New Haven CT 06510
We are thrilled and honored to be presenting the exhibition, Circling Lev, at the Ely Center of Contemporary Art from April 15 – May 24, 2018. The exhibition will be curated by Debbie Hesse, Pawel Wojtasik and Clint Jukkala. We are grateful for your $5,000 donation for this important event.
The exhibition will take place in the downstairs and upstairs Galleries 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Please see our floor plan of the space for reference.
The gallery will be open to the public on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 – 8 pm and Sundays from 1 – 4 pm. Our gallery coordinator will create social media promotion before and during the exhibition and will handle all sale transactions for artworks that are for purchase. The Ely Center plans to hold a special public reception on Saturday, April 21 from 4 – 7 pm.
As we discussed, we do not provide insurance for artwork in the gallery. We recommend that you discuss this with your homeowners insurance agent or Fractured Atlas (fracturedatlas.org) to cover the costs to insure the artworks.
Please let us know if there are additional donors for the exhibition and we will include their information on the card, website and all other press releases and promotional materials.
Drop off/Delivery Location: 51 Trumbull Street, New Haven, CT
Deliver Promotional Materials: Wall graphics, exhibition list, and exhibition catalog text and images, Thursday, March 29
Drop off/Delivery Dates/Times: Artwork must be at gallery by Thursday, April 12, 1 – 4 pm
Install Dates: April 12, 13, 14
Exhibition Dates: Saturday, April 15 – Thursday, May 24, 2018
Viewing Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 – 8 pm and Sundays from 1 – 4 pm
Public Reception Date/Time: Saturday, April 21, 4 – 7 pm
De-install Date: Tuesday, May 29 from 1 – 5 pm
The Ely Center will:
- Curate and produce an exhibition, Circling Lev, organized by Debbie Hesse, Clint Jukkala, Pawel Wojtasik
- Layout and install the exhibition artwork from April 12 to 14
- Upon installation of the exhibition, we will create a labeling system and a corresponding exhibition list
- Design and produce a kiosk poster, invitation, and an e-card
- Design and install all wall graphics and signage for the exhibition
- Host a reception on Saturday, April 21 from 4 – 7 pm
- Provide light refreshments for the reception
- Produce a press release, distribute to media contacts, and provide previews to the interested press
- Promote the exhibition via elycenter.org website, email groups, and social media
- Provide a gallery assistant on the days we are open to the public
- Arrange a truck and crew for pick-up and delivery of artwork before the install dates and after the deinstall for an additional fee $1,500 ($750 each way). Please let us know you'd like this service by April 8 and that the date of April 29th works for you.
- In the event that a donor matches your $5,000 donation, we will produce a full color catalogue documenting the exhibition post exhibition
Paula Armbruster will:
- All artwork for the duration of the exhibition (wall-to-wall insurance) and provide proper certificate of insurance to participating collectors who are contributing artwork for this exhibition.
- Understand that all artwork must be removed by 5 pm on May 29. Any artwork remaining will be charged a storage fee to be determined.
- Provide wine for the opening reception, Saturday, April 21 (as per our conversations and coordinations).
- Invite contacts to the exhibition
- If you would like the gallery to send invitations to your contacts please send them to Jeanne Criscola, Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide all pertinent text and images needed for wall graphics, exhibition list, and exhibition catalog, no later than Thursday, March 29 (as per our conversations and coordinations).
- If you would like the gallery to setup pickup and delivery, please let us know by April 8
This letter will serve as our agreement. Please let us know if you have questions.
The Ely Center of Contemporary Art