Letter of Agreement

April 15, 2019

EVENT  |   Sea & Soil
DATES  |  May 5 to June 23, 2019


Ely Center of Contemporary Art
51 Trumbull Street, New Haven CT 06510

We are thrilled that you will be participating in our upcoming exhibition, Sea & Soil organized by Debbie Hesse. The exhibition will take place in our downstairs galleries— #1, 2, 3 and 4 and will run May 5 to June 23, 2019 with a public opening reception on Sunday, May 5 from 2-4 pm. Gallery Hours are Sunday 1-4 pm and Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5-8 pm

Scheduled Programs and Events:

Sunday, May 5 from 2-4pm. Public Reception for Water Access/ Sea &Soil/ UNH Senior Show

Sunday, June 9 from 3-4 pm. We will be hosting a tour of the exhibitions as part of the International Festival of Art & Ideas

Wednesday, June 19 at 5:30. Feast of the Future. GlobalGourmet Chef Nadine Nelson. This is a ticketed event that is part of the International Festival of Art & Ideas

Friday, June 21. 12-4pm. Make Music Day. This will take place downstairs and outside in the back yard weather permitting.

Dates TBA. Artist Walk & Talk

Date TBA. Presentation by GreenWave Climate Ocean Farmers

Important Information:

Drop-off Dates: Sunday, April 28, 1-4 pm (note: parking is free on Sunday) and Monday, April 29, from 5-8pm and by special arrangement with Ely Center staff and curators.
Drop-off Location: Ely Center of Contemporary Art, 51 Trumbull Street, New Haven, CT 06510
Exhibition Dates: May 5- June 23, 2019
Reception Date:  Sunday, May 5 from 2-4 pm
Closing Reception Date: Sunday, June 23 from 1-2 pm
Pick Up Dates: Sunday, June 23 from 2-4 pm and Monday, June 24 from 5-8 pm

  • All artwork must be ready to hang or install

  • All artwork must be labeled on the back with artist name, email address, artwork title, and date.

  • Please note we do not have pedestals, museum wax, etc so please arrange to bring one if needed

  • The gallery will retain 30% from any sales and the artist will receive the remaining 70%.

This letter will serve as our agreement. Please read and sign the Release of Liability form HERE.

ECoCA is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit run by volunteers who raise funds and write grants for exhibitions and relevant programming. If you would like to support our efforts, please consider a donation using this link. We are a start-up and any amount is welcome and much appreciated!

Your participation is important to us and we thank you in advance! We look forward to working together. 


Ely Center of Contemporary Art
Curatorial Team