In 1961, the New Haven Paint & Clay Club found a home for its exhibitions at the John Slade Ely House Galleries, where it now sponsors two exhibitions yearly.
In 1900 a group of Connecticut artists met and formed NHPCC, now one of New England’s oldest, and still active, arts organizations. New Haven was chosen primarily because of the Yale School of the Fine Arts, where many of the artists had studied. Many of the important American artists of the 1900s were represented in the Club’s early exhibitions.
Public Reception: Sunday, December 3, 1 – 3 pm